May 6 – 12 is National Pet Week and to celebrate and determine how much people love their pets, Healthy Paws Pet Insurance conducted a fun survey and determined that:
- 94% of people considered themselves pet parents: Yes! I am a full-on pet parent
- 88% have ongoing conversation with their pest all the time.
- 55%: buy gifts several times a month — no excuse needed.
- 41% celebrate their pets birthday with a party and presents
Here are some more questions from the survey. How did you rate?
Do you bring your pet on vacation?
- 51%: I try to bring my pet on vacation as often as I can.
- 19%: No, vacations are just for the two-legged family members.
- 30%: Yes, always!
How many nicknames do you have for your furry friend?
- 21%: My pet has one or two nicknames.
- 37%: My pet has tons of nicknames, at least 10!
- 2%: None.
- 40%: They have around 5 nicknames!
Do you and your pet exercise together?
- 8%: I don’t exercise with my pet.
- 4%: We do agility or we go hiking.
- 14%: We go on long walks every day.
- 2%: We go running or jogging weekly.
- 72%: We play every day.
How much do you spend on your pet each month?
- 18%: $150 or more
- 43%: $25-$75
- 31%: $75-$150
- 8%: Less than $25
The bottom-line breakdown of pet parents:
Ø 5%: The No-Nonsense Pet Parent
Ø 9%: You + Your Pet = BFFs
Ø 85%: You’re Over the Moon for Your Pet!