- 11:30 a.m.: Suzanne Hetts, Ph.D., Certified Animal Behaviorist, will discuss cat behavior and communication as a window into cat health
- 5:30 p.m.: Linda Griggs, Artist, will discuss how cat health inspired her to design the cat structures within the Cat Café
Saturday, April 26
- 11:30 a.m.:
- Christina Travalja, NSALA Shelter Director, will discuss the benefits of cat adoption and maintaining a happy, healthy cat once at home
- Dorit Shevach-Shani, NSALA Feline Behaviorist will discuss how to acclimate a newly adopted feline to unfamiliar surroundings
- Noon – 4 p.m.: NSALA cat adoption event
- 5:30 p.m.: Valerie Shaff, Photographer, will discuss how she highlights the beautiful signs of health in the cats she photographs
Sunday, April 27
- Adopted cats are picked up to go to their forever homes
For cat owners outside New York City, the café speakers will be live streamed at http://new.livestream.com/PurinaONE/CatCafe. You can also submit questions and follow along on Twitter (https://twitter.com/purinaonecat) using the hashtag #CatCafe
To sign up for the Purina ONE 28 Day Challenge, go towww.purinaONE.com/OneSmartChange.
Cat obesity is killing our cats because it leads to all kinds of medical complications such as diabetes and kidney failure. It is a HUGE issue in more ways than one!Fat cats are NOT CUTE !!!